Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Quickie

Hey there, folks!

I got home really late tonight so I skipped my workout (boo!) and just barely scarfed down some dinner (I was starving) before sitting to write this and then I'm knocking out!

I'll keep it short and sweet!

First, the reason I was so late in getting home is that I went to a meeting about starting a community garden in my neighborhood! I'm really excited about it! We are still getting approvals from the city so it isn't finalized, but we've got all the plans ready for when it is. We won't be able to plant until next spring, but our plan is to build all the raised beds and pathways this fall so it will be ready to go next year!

Second, I realized today that I need to utilize my Google Reader. You should see me, I sit here trying to remember all my favorite blogs so I can read them...uh, isn't the reason you hit that "follow" or "subscribe" button so that you don't have to try to remember them all? Seriously, people, I need a little nudge sometimes! Going forward, I vow to use my Google Reader!!

As for eats, lots of duplication from earlier in the week, but here are some yummies:

Cherry Vanilla granola w/ bloobs, banana & soy milk

Bananas are someone's favorite...

My new favorite Larabar flavor!!

I found these in the office kitchen...and I had one of each! The churros were soggy and I only ate it because I was starving and being cheap! :)

A few things before I sign off:

- Tomorrow, if you go to DQ and buy a Blizzard, $1 will be donated to the Children's Miracle Network...so, give in to that summer temptation and get one! It's for a good cause!

- One of the most creative blog posts I've ever seen is right here. Click it. Now. :)

- Two Great giveaways today:
The Healthy Diary is giving away a $40 gift certificate to CSN!
Balance, Joy & Delicias is giving away Terra Chips!! Yum!!

Have a great night!!

2 comments:

  1. I may have to go get a Blizzard today :)

    How exciting to have a community garden! A coworker of mine has something like that set up and she said it is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg is that your bunny?!! so cute!!!

    So cool about the community garden, I hope it gets approved!!!!!

    U are not missing out on those noodles I tried, they are a little slimy! lol! Have a great weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete