Monday, October 19, 2009

Body for Life Challenge

Well, thanks to this lady, I've decided to embark on the Body for Life Challenge! Oh yes, I'm probably crazy :)

For the past two weeks, I've been totally on track without even the urge to cheat. And that is mainly the reason I think I'm ready. BFL is a 12 week butt kickin'! It's about major weight lifting (which I love, love, LOVE) and short, but intense cardio (which I can't stand!). You balance six small meals with protein and healthy, unprocessed carbs. I'm going to have to work at this part since I'm a vegetarian. Creativity with getting that much protein into my diet is going to be a must!!

Today's meal plan:

Meal 1 - Shredded mini wheats w/ soy milk
Meal 2 - Oatmeal w/ 1/2 scoop protein powder & cinnamon
Meal 3 - pasta w/ veggies and baked tofu
Meal 4 - Myoplex Lite shake
Meal 5 - Apple w/ Peanut butter
Meal 6 - Egg Beaters scramble with sauteed veggies & 5 dark chocolate covered almonds :)

The workout? Well, this plan requires 6 days of working out, 3 weights, 3 cardio. On the off day, you get to eat whatever you want AND be lazy! How great it that?? I currently have a yoga class on what is supposed to be my "off" day, but I figure that is a good way to get all relaxed and stretched out after a hard week of work outs!

Today's workout is Upper Body:

Chest - Dumbell Bench Press & Dumbell Flyes
Shoulders - Dumbell Press & Front Raises
Back - Lat Pulldowns & Dumbell Rows
Triceps - Seated Press & Kickbacks
Biceps - Concentration Curls & Hammer Curls

Sounds like a good time, right?? I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment