Saturday, May 2, 2009

Thinking...

I have to work today...actually, I'm at work right now. And that meant waking up early on a beautiful Saturday morning. Ew. So, I kicked off the day right with a nice little walk to the local Starbucks. It was a gorgeous morning for a walk, the sun was shining, a crisp little chill in the air...just perfect!

As I was walking, all the runners were out and jetting past me. It made me want to just start right on up! And it also got me thinking...why do I always need an event to get me to start running? Now, I absolutely think training for something is a great way to find motivation to get started, but it's also a great way to quit as soon as the event is accomplished. And this, my friends, is my M.O. So, I was walking and thinking and decided screw that half marathon! My goal is to become a year-round runner, right? So why even set myself up to "finish" training and take the chance that I'll quit after that? After all, that is what I've done for the past 3 years! No, I'm going to just run because it is good for me! If I can knock out 3 miles, 4 days a week, I'll be a happy lady! And then I can set goals from there.

That was my beautiful sunny morning wake up call!

1 comment: