Monday, July 26, 2010

Cleanse - Day 3...Finally!

Howdy!

I have to say, if I never drink one of those shakes again, I can live with that! Three a day was brutal! Now, I have no problem eating the same thing everyday, (oh, I've been known to stick with things I like for weeks on end!) but those shakes are not it! Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind having one a day...actually, that chocolate one would be great for killing a sweet tooth craving and was delicious blended up with my iced mocha. However, I'm happy to say that the days of 3 a day are over and I don't have to have another one until I'm feeling like it!!

What did I get out of the cleanse? Well, on Day One I got cleaned out, that is for sure :) After that, not so much. While I did feel a little sluggish during my workouts, overall I felt pretty energized throughout the day despite the drop in calories. I can't say I felt like any weight loss occured, but that could also be due to my cheating every day! I never said I was good at following rules!

Here was the highlight of my day, real food!


I had forgotten that I had agreed to stay late at work and knew I would never make it until I got home to eat my one real meal of the day. So, I ran to Corner Bakery and got the Salad Trio: Edamame Salad, Caprese Pasta Salad and Fruit Salad. The pasta probably was not allowed on the Cleanse, but that portion was so small that I didn't feel guilty in the least! As a matter of fact, the whole thing was only 350 calories and it managed to cover multiple food groups!

Jumping to another subject: Christie over at Honoring Health wrote a great piece today on Intuitive Eating. This is what I'm striving for, but I'll admit that I still catch myself adding calories in my head at the end of the day. Or making decisions because it is the right one, not the one that comes naturally. It is going to be a long road for eating to become second nature again, but I believe I can get there. I appreciate those that ready this blog and help me hold myself accountable for the promise I've made myself. Anyway - pop over there and check out what she wrote...it's very insightful!

I think today is going to be the first day I miss a scheduled Power 90 workout. After getting home so late, I just don't have it in me. I will make it up tomorrow since it was supposed to be my rest day and get right back on track. I have to keep truckin' so I can reach the goal I really want:


Oh yeah, baby...that's what I'm talkin' about!

On that dreamy note...I'm out!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh you will LOVE TurboFire. Too bad the cleanse wasn't so great -- I know I couldn't do something like that. I'd be driving to McDonalds every night at 10pm from being too hungry!

    ReplyDelete