Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Control

So...I've learned a little something else about myself since I've been packing a lunch all week: I think about food a whole lot less when I know its already predetermined. When I don't bring anything to work, the first sign of hunger has me thinking about what I can go pick up. Then at 11am I start thinking about where I want to go for lunch. This usually gets pondered for anywhere from 30 min to 2 hours, depending on my schedule. Come 4pm or so, I'm usually hungry for a snack again and start thinking about vending machine crap or something!

But this week, I've noticed I barely think about food through out the day. I get hungry, I reach into my desk and pull out whatever I've brought. Simple. And healthy. And doesn't leave me with food on the brain for half the day. I tell ya, I'm really liking this little turn around I'm making :)

No comments:

Post a Comment