Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Allergic to Exercise

I mean, really, that has to be what is going on! I will confess right now, no Shred last night. Here is my story and I'm sticking to it!!!

Yesterday I had a really big sneeze at work. The weird part is that it somehow managed to come out my throat. I know, sounds very strange. But let me tell you, it hurt like hell! All that momentum and pressure coming bursting through my throat right after recovering from strep...not a good feeling. My throat was a little sore after that, but nothing to worry about. Fast forward to 6:30pm when I'm walking home from work. The train or bus that I take from downtown lets me off 3/4 of a mile from my house. If the bus is there or soon to be there (thank you CTA Bus Tracker) I'll wait and catch it. If the weather is nice or I'd make it home on foot in the time it would take for the bus to come, I walk. Last night it was about 40 degrees and drizzly...very gross...but the bus was still 15 minutes away. I decided to hoof it and while I was walking, I noticed my throat started to hurt more and more. By the time I got out of that ugly mess, I felt awful. And that, my friends, is why there was no Shred :(

On the positive side, I ate decently yesterday. Managed to keep myself to one cupcake and some veggies for dinner. That is a major success in my book! I'm definitely feeling better today. Although, I do have a committment after work so the Shred will not be on the agenda. Can someone start calling and waking me up in the morning please? That would solve all my problems...hey, a girl can dream, can't she?

1 comment:

  1. I am sitting here sneezing as I read this! Maybe that's my problem! ;o) I finished my shred for today and tomorrow I will begin level 2. Aaah!

    Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete