Friday, July 23, 2010

A Real Value Meal

Good Evening!!

I hope everyone is doing well on this hot and humid day. Here in Chicago, after having the heat index go into the 100's, we are now having thunderstorms. You can only imagine how much more pleasant that makes it outside. Let's just say that I'm glad I just got a fresh stock of DVDs in the mail the other day!

This morning I started the day with my usual mocha from a local coffee shop in my neighborhood. I just can't break the habit! Actually, tomorrow I will have to because I'm starting the Shakeology 3-day cleanse and unfortunately, there is no coffee on the menu :( Now, that mocha every morning costs me a pretty penny, but this morning I went the extra mile. I ordered my favorite sandwich from them too to take with me to work. See, the sandwich is HUGE!


Now, that is a serious footlong! I always get the Mozzarella Sandwich which has fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and fresh basil. The only thing I don't like about it is that the spread they use is guacamole. It just doesn't go right with the other flavors. Usually, I ask them to throw on some lite mayo instead, but this morning I forgot.


Oh yes, lots of guac! I ended up tossing the side of the bread that had the spread on it. The reason this is such a "value meal" is that I usually eat one half of the sandwich for lunch and the other for dinner. Plus, it comes with a side that can be chips or a piece of fruit. This morning, I grabbed a banana so that served as breakfast! 3 meals for the day in one quick stop!

Work was slow and boring...which sort of put me in the lazy rut when I got home. I put off my workout as long as I could and then finally kicked my own butt and got it done! No workout has been skipped yet, and it is too early to let that record slide!

Overall, the day was pretty uneventful! I saw some yummy recipes out in the blogosphere this week that I really want to try, but it will have to wait until after the cleanse. For now, I'm just kickin' my feet up!


And please don't judge those little pieces of hay on the floor...the bunny makes a mess of the place and I can't keep up!

Have a very lovely evening and let me know what your favorite place to meal splurge is!

3 comments:

  1. That sandwich looks sooo good. Knowing me I'd throw some turkey breast or something on it. HAha

    Good luck with the Shakeology, I've seen it on the beach body site but never took the time to read up on it. I figured it was just some type of protein shake...what exactly is it... a cleanse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a protein/nutrition shake. It has 70 different vitamins, herbs, grasses, etc! Plus, 15-17 grams of protein, depending on the flavor. Something like only 9 grams of sugar (sweetened with Stevia) and fiber too! So, it can be a meal replacement, a protein/recovery drink or just a yummy way to get all your nutrients. I'm doing the 3-day cleanse where I drink it 3 times a day, but usually you would only drink 1 shake a day. The chocolate is delish, but the Greenberry definitely needs some add-ins to make it good...at least to me! If you have any other questions, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wanted to try the Shakeology drinks, but I didn't want to get "stuck" with a whole case. Maybe one day I'll change my mind though. I'm excited to see how you like the cleanse!

    My favorite place to meal splurge would have to be getting a fancy schmancy coffee drink at Starbucks or Caribou. I love those but my body and wallet do not!

    ReplyDelete