Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Men vs. Women

How is everyone this lovely summer evening? I got home tonight, worked out, showered, hopped on my coach call and now I'm finally getting to the blog!

I'd like to just throw out there from the get-go that I had a teeth cleaning today and ever since, I've been randomly chomping down on that nasty toothpaste grit! It is driving me nuts!

I did actually remember to take a picture of two meals today, but to be honest with ya folks, I'm too tired to download them right now. Is that lazy or what?! Anywho, I ate pretty darn clean today! The only real thorn in my side at this point is my morning mocha. They say caffeine is the second most addictive substance and I ain't arguing with them!


I'll give you guys another dose of honesty even! I tried the Greenberry Shakelolgy for the first time this morning and it was not a pleasant experience! Yes, I am dogging out the very product I sell. My coach would kill me if she saw this. Seriously though, the green tea flavor was very strong and I am not a tea fan in the least. I put half a banana in and still could only get down a few gulps. I threw it in the fridge to be dealt with later and can happily say that tonight I tossed in the other half of the nanner and it was much better, especially being colder from the fridge. Experimentation with Greenberry "recipes" will be forthcoming ;)

My workout was great, except I'm seriously still not seeing any improvement on my pushups! I don't feel like I can do anymore today than the day I started. That's just not fair!


Today's little topic: Men vs. Women. I'm talking about weight loss here. I'd say 99% of the weight loss blogs out there are written by women and I obviously have my own weight loss experience to go by, as well. The trend I'm noticing is that men seem to drop weight at a ridiculous rate while us women struggle to eek out half a pound! I'm currently participating in a message board of people who all started Power 90 around the same time I did. We post everyday and encourage each other, it's actually really inspiring and great for holding me accountable. The group is probably about 60% men and 40% women. We are all now starting our 3rd week on the program and the guys have dropped like 4 to 5 pounds a week each! The women on the other hand have lost less than half that!

Furthermore, I have a male friend who I've seen drop weight at a rate of about 3-4 pounds per week, while I might lose nothing for a couple weeks! Anyone notice this same trend? Why do guys get to have it so easy? ;) They get faster metabolisms, easier muscle growth and now this too?...wait...I think I may have just answered the "why" right there. Dang it! So, anyway, the guys in my message board keep me inspired and at least dreaming that I might catch up!

And now, I must get off to bed. The tummy feels like it is on the verge of a growl...that can't be good.

2 comments:

  1. You're basically right, they have more testosterone, therefore more muscle therefore faster metabolism.

    It isn't fair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband can lose weight quite quickly and yes I struggle to lose 1 lb, or even .5 lb.

    I see you are a beachbody coach -- I am currently doing TurboFire (started 2 weeks ago) -- I've been writing recaps on my blog, and I'd be happy to add you to my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete